The purpose of the Indiana Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) is to generate employment and improve the general economic condition of the state by assisting Indiana companies including those eligible for preferential consideration in obtaining and performing under local, state and federal government contracts.
We provide procurement technical assistance to help you in the selling of your products or services to the appropriate government agency by offering confidential counseling at no cost. The core of our procurement assistance program is counseling and education.
The Procurement Technical Assistance Program (PTAP) was authorized by Congress in 1985 in an effort to expand the number of businesses capable of participating in the Government Marketplace. Administered by the Department of Defense, Defense Logistics Agency (DLA),* the program provides matching funds through cooperative agreements with state and local governments and non-profit organizations for the establishment of Procurement Technical Assistance Center.
The Indiana PTAC is staffed with counselors experienced in government contracting and provides a wide range of services. Our PTAC counselors have backgrounds in government acquisitions and all receive ongoing training to keep pace with continually evolving acquisition procedures and policies.
Selling to the government is like no other type of marketing, The Indiana PTAC is here to help you understand the rules.
PTAC exists to help Indiana businesses market their products and services to the federal and state governments. Our procurement counselors identify contract opportunities and understand the contract process from start to finish. These services enhance Indiana’s economy by adding government contract dollars to local business revenue.
PTAC HELPS YOU
- Match your product or service with government agencies that have contracts to let.
- Research and find bid notices for your product or services.
- Understand what is required in your final bid package.
- Acquire federal and military specifications and standards necessary to complete a bid package.
- Complete government forms, registration and certification applications.
- Market your business to potential prime contractors.
- Learn marketing and technical expertise in PTAC workshops.
- Locate internet resource web sites.
- Gather information to secure necessary bonding.
- State of Indiana Minority and Woman Owned Business and federal HUBZone, Women Owned Small Business, 8(a) and veteran certification application assistance.
PTAC RESOURCES INCLUDE
- Government agency small business specialist directories.
- Up-to-date information on more than 300 federal agencies.
- Computer databases with Federal Supply Codes, Nation Stock Numbers and Manufacturer’s Codes
- Internet web site list where bid notices for government agency contract opportunities are found.