Google My Business
Indiana SBDC, Roundpeg partner to provide direct technical support to set up and optimize Google My Business profiles
Google My Business
The Indiana SBDC and Roundpeg are partnering to support the digital transformation of Hoosier small businesses and entrepreneurs.
Google My Business can give your small businesses a competitive advantage by empowering you to attract and engage customers on Google. It won’t replace your website, but a complete Google My Business profile gives you a presence on Google Search and Maps, allows you to respond to reviews and post photos of products and special offers, and invites prospective customers to learn more, call, or get directions.
Eligible companies may apply for no-cost assistance to help set up and optimize their Google My Business profile.
- Be or become an Indiana SBDC client,
- Have been in business as of February 15, 2020,
- Be able to demonstrate a negative impact from COVID-19, and
- Allow Roundpeg access to the business’s Google My Business profile.
Roundpeg will provide the following services for applicants approved for the program.
- Roundpeg will update, claim or verify an existing profile or create a new profile if the business does not have an existing profile
- Update business information (hours, address, business description, etc.)
- Create/update cover image and avatar
- Load up to 10 images and videos to the profile
- Create product or service descriptions for up to 5 products
- Draft an email for the business to request reviews
- Create four posts to be scheduled over the month
- Training on how to manage the profile moving forward
- Optional: Load business menu (strongly encouraged for restaurants)
Eligible small businesses are encouraged to apply for the Indiana SBDC Google My Business Program here. Upon submitting the application, applicants will be contacted by an Indiana SBDC team member within two business days to discuss next steps.