Indiana Companies to Watch celebrates high-performing, second-stage companies in the state. Known for their performance in the marketplace, innovative products, unique processes or philanthropic actions, these companies represent a wide range of industries from all corners of Indiana.
We interviewed past winners to share their advice, how CTW has impacted business, and what the future holds for their company.
Today’s interview is with Jackson Systems.
Jackson Systems was one of 43 Indiana businesses named as a Company to Watch in 2011. Since winning the award, Jackson Services has been named an Indiana Best Place to Work for several years. The company recently added an outside sales team and has grown its support teams to better service clients. We recently caught up with Jackson Systems to find out how their business has changed since winning the award.
- How did Jackson Systems get its start? The company was started by Ron, Bette and Tom Jackson. They saw a need in the marketplace for products that were heating and cooling contractor-friendly and could help these contractors grow their businesses. What started as a zone control product provider has developed into a manufacturer and distributor of a wide array of unique products that provide solutions to heating and cooling contractors.
- How has winning this award impacted your business? Winning this award has raised awareness of Jackson Systems within the local community, as well as across the United States.
- Have you developed any new products or services since winning the award? We have developed several new products and services since 2011. We develop between two and three new products each year. Most notable is a product that makes installing zone control systems in homes easier and more profitable for our clients. We have seen sales of this product grow very rapidly since its introduction.
- What does the future hold for your company? We are currently experiencing amazing growth which has necessitated additional office and warehouse space. We anticipate this growth to continue, doubling the size of our company within the next five years.
- What advice would you give to a start-up who is trying to take their business to the second-stage?
Never forget where you started and who you are. Too many businesses try to be all things to all clients and lose touch with their core mission and values. We started Jackson Systems with the intent of providing the most contractor-friendly products in the industry. We have held true to this vision and as a result our business has thrived.
Are you a second-stage Indiana company? Are you the next Company to Watch? Apply for a 2014 Indiana Companies to Watch Award. Hurry, though, applications close April 16!
Join the conversation on Twitter by following #INCTW