Indiana Companies to Watch celebrates high-performing, second-stage companies in the state. Known for their performance in the marketplace, innovative products, unique processes or philanthropic actions, these companies represent a wide range of industries from all corners of Indiana.
We interviewed past winners to share their advice, how CTW has impacted business, and what the future holds for their company.
Today’s interview is with Nolan Security & Investigations.
Nolan Security & Investigations was one of 25 Indiana businesses named as a Company to Watch in 2012. Since then, the company has continued to be successful, winning projects against some of the most notable firms in the region. We recently caught up with Nolan Security & Investigations to find out how their business has changed since winning the award.
- How did Nolan Securities & Investigations get its start? Owner Jon Nolan started the company in 2006 with a $4,000 inheritance.
- How has winning this award impacted your business?
Nolan Security & Investigations has developed strong networks within their award class. They also use the award as a elevator pitch for sales. Every potential client who inquires about the award is pleased to know they’re working with a successful start up.
- Have you developed any new products or services since winning the award?
Since winning, the company has developed Fraternity/Sorority Social Event Safety Protocols and increased their staff.
- What does the future hold for your company? Nolan Security & Investigations continues to develop a strong client list, and expand their service area throughout Indiana.
- What advice would you give to a start-up who is trying to take their business to the second-stage? Don’t rush it. Be aggressive, but don’t sacrifice quality for quantity. Be ready to assemble stronger support networks (legal counsel, accounting, admin staff, etc.) Many of the issues and challenges are bigger at the next level. As a second stage company, you can’t do it all yourself. Have a plan in place to delegate or transition some new leadership.
Do you know a second-stage company, such as Nolan Security & Investigations? Nominate them for a 2014 Indiana Companies to Watch Award. Hurry, though, nominations close April 4!
Join the conversation on Twitter by following #INCTW