The Central Indiana Small Business Development Center (C-ISBDC) and Localstake have partnered to create the Drive for 25 Campaign. This campaign will connect Indianapolis-area small businesses with the strategic planning and funding they need to take their business to the next level. Drive for 25 is a 6 month acceleration program for growing Indianapolis-area businesses. Up to 25 selected businesses will participate in strategic review and planning sessions with C-ISBDC business advisors at no cost, and will receive discounted access to Localstake Marketplace to raise the funds they need to implement their growth plans. The program is open to Indianapolis-area companies who have been in operation for at least one year and are generating at least $250,000 in annual revenues. Applications to apply for the program are due by Thursday, July 31.
Who is eligible
- Companies must be willing to dedicate an average of 5 hours per month to complete the Drive for 25 program
- Companies must have annual revenues of over $250,000
- Companies must have been in business for at least one year
- Companies must be looking to grow or expand
- Companies must be a for-profit entity
- Complete the Secure Online Business Survey on the ISBDC web site and type in “Drive for 25” in the Referred By box.
- Meet with an ISBDC advisor at the company’s location to review survey and share additional background information, as well as future objectives.
- Meet with Localstake representative to discuss their funding process and how investment crowdfunding works.
- Based on the online survey and onsite assessments, C-ISBDC and Localstake will determine whether applicant is viable candidate for the program. If accepted into the program, the applicant becomes a ‘client.’
- Strategic planning
- The ISBDC business advisor and client will meet for a half day strategic planning session to develop a three year vision detailing the business’s goals, strategies, and associated tactics.
- The ISBDC business advisor will meet with the client monthly to insure that the action steps (tactics) in the strategic plan are being executed and to make any needed adjustments.
- The ISBDC will provide additional support to the client with additional ISBDC resources as needed, and if necessary, may refer to other outside advisors who could be hired.
- Funding process
- After client has completed the initial Strategic planning process and is in the execution phase, they can sign up to raise the funding needed to implement their strategic plan on the Localstake investment crowdfunding platform.
Informational webinars providing further information are scheduled for the following dates:
July 1, 2014 at 9AM – 9:30AM
July 16, 2014 from 9 AM – 9:30AM
For additional information, or to register for the webinars, please contact: Doug Boehme Regional Director, Central ISBDC firstname.lastname@example.org or Kevin Hitchen Founder, Localstake Kevin.email@example.com