Digital Ready Business
Purdue Extension’s Digital Ready Businesses online lessons now available at no cost to Hoosier small businesses
The Indiana SBDC is partnering with Purdue Extension to make its popular and effective Digital Ready Businesses program available to eligible Indiana small businesses. Thanks to federal funding provided by the U.S. Small Business Administration through the CARES Act, we are able to offer these courses at no cost to you. Fees are usually $50 per individual lesson or $250 for all lessons.
Nonprofits, municipalities, and economic development organizations are not eligible to participate.
Expand Your Online Presence
These lessons were designed to get small businesses and entrepreneurs online by providing flexibility on when and where you learn. You will receive in-depth instruction on how to get a business online, from creating a website through email reach, in order to better reach your customers.
Recent studies highlight the economic benefits of broadband adoption by small businesses. Since most new jobs in Indiana are created by existing businesses with less than 100 employees, establishing and expanding their online presence is critical to remain competitive.
Entrepreneurs and businesses participating in the Digital Ready Businesses course report an overall 92% increase in knowledge after the course. 73% of respondents reported an increase in sales, 91% reported an increase in their customer base and 100% reported an increase in customer engagement.
You may complete the entire course or just the lessons that interest you. Lessons are completed at your own pace and will be available to you for one year from the date you enroll. Technical assistance is available from Purdue Extension upon enrollment.
If you have questions about how to apply lessons you learn to your business, your nearest Indiana SBDC Regional Center is available to help you. Call 888-472-3244 or check out our locations page.
- Claiming Your Bubble: Learn how to claim your bubble and identify multiple management/claiming bubble platforms, such as map platforms and review sites.
- Planning Your Website: Learn how to create an online presence by learning key concepts, formats and content considerations by understanding what goes into planning and designing a website.
- Introduction to Email Marketing: Learn how to reach customers’ inboxes by learning the basics of email marketing, key terms and essentials.
- Email Marketing Analytics: Evaluate your email reach by understanding key indicators regarding email marketing, including conversion and ROI.
- Social Media Introduction & Platforms: Find out how to identify the platform or platforms most suitable for your business by learning what social media is, what is available and how it differs from other digital platforms.
- Social Media Plan & Content: Learn a six-step social media planning tool, benefits of social media and best practices regarding social media content.
- Social Media Analytics and Marketing: Evaluate your reach and paid marketing by learning analytics key terms, Facebook Insights and ad campaigns.
- Business Intelligence: Learn the basic concepts behind artificial intelligence and what steps your business can take to take advantage of this technology in the future.
“The information was very helpful in how to market on each platform. We have a long way to go but at least now have a plan in place! Since our workshop I started concentrating on Facebook and Instagram with the help of my daughter. She started to post daily even though our content/backdrop was not exactly how we wanted it we have played along tweaking as we go. We grew Facebook from 1547 to 2079 and Instagram 676 to 2013 so far!”
“When photos are posted, we see a direct increase in traffic.”
“I’m doing PR and their business has expanded.”
“Our services in particular have improved and we have become more aware of how to improve engagement with customers.”
“The Digital Ready workshops helped put additional social media information in my hands that I didn’t know were available before.”
“This was a great series of workshops, especially for those just beginning their business.”
“Our business has increased in the 1st year!”
- Must be a registered for-profit business in Indiana, and
- Must have been negatively impacted by COVID-19.