Beezer’s BBQ Sauce came to the Indiana SBDC in early July 2020. He had been making BBQ sauce as a hobby and wanted to find a way to sell at the farmers market and maybe in a few years restaurants/retail. He launched that summer and quickly had a demand from local restaurants.
He was looking for a commercial kitchen and we were able to introduce him to a client with unused capacity. He first starting selling to Scouts pizzeria in 2020 and has sold over 70 gallons to them alone. He then moved to retail-grocery and has sold over 2000 at our coal grocery store. The growth from there has included:
- February 2021 Clinton IGA
- April 2021 Gingersnaps Cafe
- July 2021 Rockville IGA
- July 2021 Moody’s Butcher Shop 4 locations Indianapolis
- August 2021 Charlie’s Pub & Grub collaboration. 154 gallons sold to date
- October 2021 Lion’s Den Pizzeria collaboration. Marshall, Illinois
- November 2021 West Terre Haute IGA
- November 2021 Federal Fine Foods incorporating sauce into dishes
- April 2022 Brand New TH Convention Center collaboration
- May 2022 Great House of Pizza, Casey, Illinois
Beezer’s BBQ has currently found a bottler that will help increase capacity. His timeline was greatly expedited by using Indiana SBDC services and reaching the right connections. It also helps that his unique recipes have already won several awards!